Google Webmaster Tool
Google Webmaster (Google Search Console) is a free service offered by Google that helps you monitor and maintain your site’s presence in Google Search results. It can help you understand how Google views your site and optimize its performance in search results. Google Webmaster is the connection between your website and Google. So Google can access to the website and the content.
Why Use Google Webmaster tool?
- Submit and check a sitemap
- Check and set the crawl rate, and view statistics about how Google robot accesses a particular site
- Generate and check a robots.txt file.
- List internal and external pages that link to the site
- Get a list of broken links for the site
- See what keyword searches on Google led to your website
- View statistics about how Google indexes the site
- Set a preferred domain
- Receive notifications from Google for manual penalties.
- API to add, change and delete listings and get crawl errors